Indian cricket fraternity couldn't believe the DRS decision against India on Day 3 of the third Test in Cape Town. They were all shocked with the hawk-eye showing the ball going over the stumps to give South African captain Dean Elgar a life.
The incident happened during the 21st over of South Africa's second innings, when Elgar was given out LBW by the on-field umpire Marais Erasmus off R Ashwin's bowling. But the Proteas captain challenged the decision and went for a review.
Replays showed that the ball hit Elgar just below the knee roll, but hawk-eye showed that it was going over the stumps. The decision left India captain Virat Kohli and other fielders furious.
Even the cricket pundits like Aakash Chopra and former India batter Wasim Jaffer found it wrong. They expressed their shock on social media and said that it is bewildering to see hawk-eye showing ball going over the stumps.
"Can’t wrap my head around the ball-tracking technology for two dismissals in this series —how did Mayank Agarwal’s didn’t miss in the first Test. And how did this one against Elgar’s miss? Bewildered #SavInd," tweeted Chopra.
Jaffer posted the picture of the decision and wrote, "You know how they say technology is 99% accurate. Well today we saw the other 1%. #SAvIND".
Here are the other tweets: