West Indies Test skipper, Jason Holder, warned people not to take his team lightly ahead of the three-match Test series in the UK against England, starting July 8 in Southampton.
Holder is taking great confidence from the victory in Headingley on the last trip and his team's series win at home versus the Englishmen last year.
The captain said it is going to be a competitive series and one would be wise to not think differently.
"Anyone would be silly to write us off. It has happened in the past and we have made people eat their words. I'm confident we will do really well. I think this is going to be a really good series," Holder told former England captain-turned-commentator, Nasser Hussain, during an interview as per Daily Mail.
The entire Test series, also featuring second and third Tests both in Manchester, will be played in a bio-secure bubble due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The deadly outbreak is the reason why three of the visitors' players, Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer and Keemo Paul, opted out of the tour.
Holder said their concerns and the decision to not travel should be respected.
"Certainly from my perspective, it won't be (an issue). Everyone had a decision to make and a lot of our players have kids. I know that was the biggest challenge: leaving their kids at home to potentially be exposed to bringing the virus back home," he said.
"I do wish the three players all the best and I know they will be at home supporting us. We are all one big family and we just have to do what we need to do here," Holder concluded.
(Inputs from IANS)