Indian T20 League 2023 — Qualifier 2: Gujarat vs Mumbai | D3 Guide
Venue Guide (Narendra Modi Stadium)
- Average 1st Innings Score: 187 runs
- Win % Batting 1st: 57%
- Win % Batting 2nd: 43%
- Pitch Report: The wicket at Ahmedabad has been an excellent one for batting this season. A lot of sixes have been hit at this venue, so expect this game to be a high-scoring one. There will be good help for the pacers with the new ball and the spinners may get some help as well. Overall, the batters will dominate this game. Teams will look to chase here.
- Weather: It will be a sweltering day in Ahmedabad with the temperature being around 34 degrees Celsius at the start of the game. It will be a very humid day with the humidity being around 50–60%.
Dependable Trio for D3
- Dwayne Smith (OG — Batter 2) (Gujarat) [Captain]: Shubman Gill will most likely be Batter 2 for Gujarat. His last 3 scores are — 42, 104 & 101. Gill is the highest run-scorer at Ahmedabad this season with 404 runs in 7 innings at an average of 67.33 and strike rate of 160.96. He’s in sublime form this season and is the second-highest run-scorer of this season with 722 runs to his name. He will be our captain pick for this game.
- Rashid Khan (Gujarat): Rashid Khan has 25 wickets to his name in 15 innings of the Indian T20 League 2023 and he’s the second-highest wicket-taker of the tournament. Rashid is contributing consistently with the bat as well. He will be one of the best players for Gujarat in this game. Rashid will be a good captain pick as well.
- Cameron Green (Mumbai): Cameron Green has been in exceptional form in the last couple of games. He scored a brilliant century against Hyderabad in the last league game and then scored a quickfire 41 against Lucknow in the Eliminator. Green will bowl a few overs as well.
- Combination 1
Munaf Patel (OG — Bowler 1) [Captain]
- Combination 2
Noor Ahmad [Captain]
- Cameron Green (Black Tier) — Ask Price: $239
- Noor Ahmad (Gold Tier) — Ask Price: $37
Probable Playing XIs
- Gujarat: Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya, Vijay Shankar, Dasun Shanaka, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami, Mohit Sharma, Yash Dayal/Darshan Nalkande
- Mumbai: Rohit Sharma ©, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Nehal Wadhera, Cameron Green, Tim David, Vishnu Vinod, Chris Jordan, Piyush Chawla, Jason Behrendorff, Akash Madhwal