The 11th season of Indian Premier League commenced on Saturday, April 7 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai where defending champions Mumbai Indians took on the returning Chennai Super Kings.
And now IPL 2018 completed its fifth week and during this week, several records have been made and broken. Sunrisers Hyderabad has qualified for the playoffs and Delhi Daredevils's campaign has ended while rest of the teams are fighting with one another to qualify for the playoffs.
Here is a look at all the important stats and facts from the fifth week of Indian Premier League 2018 :
Match 35, CSK vs RCB at Pune:-
- MS Dhoni has hit 27 sixes in IPL 2018 so far - the most for him in an IPL season.
- MS Dhoni has made 32 stumpings in the IPL and equals Robin Uthappa's record of most stumpings in the IPL.
- 38 runs partnership between Tim Southee and Mohammed Siraj is the highest 9th wicket partnership for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL. The previous highest was 35 runs between Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble against Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur in 2008.
- Ambati Rayudu became the 16th player to hit 100 sixes in the Indian Premier League.
Match 36, SRH vs DD at Hyderabad:-
- Rashid Khan at the age of 19 years and 227 days became the youngest player to play 100 T20 matches.
- 164 runs chased by Sunrisers Hyderabad at the RGIC Stadium, Hyderabad - the highest successful run chase for them at this venue. The previous highest successful run chase by SRH at Hyderabad was 161/3 against RCB in IPL 2014.
- Manish Pandey became the 14th Indian player to score 4000 runs in T20 cricket.
Match 37, MI vs KKR at Mumbai:-
- Robin Uthappa became the 6th player to score 4000 IPL runs after Suresh Raina, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and David Warner.
- 153 innings Robin Uthappa took to complete 4000 IPL runs - the slowest to 4000 IPL runs, the previous slowest was Rohit Sharma (147 innings).
- Suryakumar Yadav completed 1000 runs in the IPL and became the second uncapped player to score 1000 runs after Manan Vohra.
Match 38, KXIP vs RR at Indore:-
- 3/27 is the career best bowling figures for Mujeeb Ur Rahman in T20 cricket.
- All the seven IPL matches in Indore have been won by the team batting second.
- KL Rahul took 44 balls to score 50 runs - his slowest fifty in the Indian Premier League.
Match 39, SRH vs RCB at Hyderabad :-
- Sunrisers Hyderabad wicket-keeper batsman Wriddhiman Saha completed 100 sixes in T20 cricket.
- Sandeep Sharma has taken 17 wickets at an average of 16.65 against Royal Challengers Bangalore - the most for him against a team in the IPL.
Match 40, RR vs KXIP at Jaipur:-
- This was the first instance when both the wicket-keeper batsmen scored 75 + in the same IPL match. For RR, Jos Buttler scored 82 and for KXIP, KL Rahul scored unbeaten on 95.
- Rajasthan Royals have played 5 IPL matches against KXIP at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium and have won all of them.
- KL Rahul scored his fifty in 48 balls - the slowest of his T20 career and joint slowest of IPL 2018. Manish Pandey also scored 48 balls fifty against KXIP in Mohali.
- 82 is the highest individual score for Jos Buttler in T20 cricket, the previous highest was 81 for Sydney Thunder against Hobart Hurricanes at Sydney in BBL 2017-18.
- KL Rahul's 95* is the highest unbeaten score during an unsuccessful run chase in the IPL, the previous highest was Naman Ojha's 94* for Rajasthan Royals against Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2010.
Match 41, KKR vs MI at Kolkata:-
- This was Mumbai Indians' 8th consecutive win over Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
- Ishan Kishan's 17 balls fifty is the joint fastest IPL fifty by a Mumbai Indians player, Kieron Pollard too scored 17 balls fifty against Kolkata Knight Riders in 2016.
- Mumbai Indians have registered 18 wins against Kolkata Knight Riders - the most against an opponent in the IPL.
- Rohit Sharma became the 4th Indian player to captain in 100 T20 matches after MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli.
- Kolkata Knight Riders' 102 runs defeat is their biggest defeat in terms of runs in the Indian Premier League.
Match 42, DD vs SRH at Delhi:-
- This was Sunrisers Hyderabad's 6th consecutive win in IPL 2018 - the longest winning streak for them in the IPL history.
- Rishab Pant at the age of 20 years and 218 days became the youngest player to score 1000 runs in the IPL. Before him, Sanju Samson (21 years and 183 days) was the youngest to score 1000 IPL runs.
- Rishabh Pant's 128* is the highest individual score by an Indian player in IPL as well as in T20s.
- 76* runs partnership between Shikhar Dhawan and Kane Williamson is the highest partnership for Sunrisers Hyderabad for any wicket in the IPL.
Match 43, RR vs CSK at Jaipur:-
- Jos Buttler became the third player to score 4 consecutive fifties after Virender Sehwag (5 in 2012 ) and Virat Kohli (4 in 2016) in the Indian Premier League history.
- 95 not out is the Jos Buttler's highest individual score in T20 cricket, the previous highest was 82 which he made in the last match against Kings XI Punjab at the same venue Jaipur.
- Suresh Raina (4012 runs for CSK) became the second player to score 4000 runs for a team in the IPL after Virat Kohli (4814 runs for RCB).