Australian batsman Will Pucovski has been ruled out of the second tour game, a day-night affair against the Indians on Tuesday (December 8) after being struck on the helmet by Indian pacer Kartik Tyagi during day three of the ongoing tour game between Australia A and Indians at Drummoyne Oval in Sydney.
Pucovski, who is potentially in line for a Test debut against India in the first Test of the upcoming four-match Test series in Adelaide while regular opener David Warner recovers from an injury, suffered a concussion after being struck on the helmet by Tyagi’s furious delivery on Tuesday.
The incident took place during the 13th over of Australia A's second innings, Pucovski was hit on the front of his protective equipment by a delivery from India’s young pacer Tyagi when he was batting on 23 and he fell to his knees before staying there for a few minutes.
The 22-year-old was immediately attended to by the medical team as the youngster was seen on his hands and knees for a few minutes on the pitch after suffering a concussion. However, Pucovski will remain with the Australia A squad but won't take part in the next tour game starting December 11.
As per cricket.com.au, Australia team doctor John Orchard said in a statement: “Will experienced mild concussion symptoms but was able to leave the field unassisted.”
Orchard further added, “He was monitored in our medical room and was communicating freely with staff and teammates as well as family over the phone. Pucovski will remain with Australia A squad but will not play in the three-day tour match against India at the SCG.”
The latest incident has raised the worries of the Australia camp which were already hit by several injuries but Australia A pacer insisted that Will was looked pretty well in the dressing room.
Steketee said after stumps: “He's up, around, communicating clearly. The doc's obviously going to keep an eye on him in over the next 24 hours. But he's in the changerooms and seems pretty well so far.”