Veteran India opener Shikhar Dhawan has demanded strict action against the answerable people after a video of Kabaddi players eating food kept in the toilet went viral.
Taking to Twitter, Dhawan shared the clip and said that he was disheartened to see the Kabaddi players at a State level tournament having food in the toilet.
The southpaw also tagged the Uttar Pradesh government and state CM Yogi Adityanath in his tweet, calling for strict action.
"This is very disheartening to see Kabaddi players at State level tournament having food in toilet. Would request @myogiadityanath & @UPGovtSports to look into the same and take necessary action," Dhawan tweeted.
The kabaddi players participating in the U-16 event were served food that was kept in a toilet. After the outrage, the authorities suspended the district sports officer for negligence and also blacklisted the caterer.
Meanwhile, the national Kabaddi Federation has washed its hands of the incident, saying it was not, in any way, involved in the staging of the girls’ event in UP’s Saharanpur.
“The Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI) has no role in the organisation of the tournament. It was a purely a Uttar Pradesh government-related event. They (organisers) have done their own arrangement,” SP Garg, the Delhi High Court-appointed administrator who has been running AKFI since 2018, told news agency PTI.
Talking about Shikhar Dhawan, he was last seen in action during the ODI tour of Zimbabwe last month. The senior opener will return to action in the home ODI series against South Africa, scheduled to be played from October 6 to October 11.