Mumbai Indians (MI) all-rounder Hardik Pandya on Tuesday (November 10) said he is not “bothered” about not being able to bowl throughout the 2020 edition of Indian Premier League (IPL).
The MI team management kept assessing the progress made by Hardik, who returned to action after a lengthy layoff due to back injury as well as COVID-19 hiatus.
"It didn't bother me. I enjoy what I do. For me, it's about the opportunity. It's all about preparation. On that front, we did well and focused on improving day by day," Pandya said after MI clinched their fifth IPL title with a five-wicket win over Delhi Capitals on Tuesday (November 10).
"I wasn't able to bowl this year. It's just about backing myself."
Hardik Pandya is part of Team India’s white-ball squad for the tour of Australia, beginning November 27.
He underwent back surgery in October last year in the UK. His lower back had been troubling him since the Test series in England in 2018.
The surgery kept him out of action for almost a year, with the all-rounder last playing for India in a T20I game against South Africa at home in September 2019.
In the meantime, Hardik missed three Tests against the same opposition, the home series against Bangladesh and West Indies, a T20I series against Sri Lanka, three ODIs against Australia at home, and the entire tour of New Zealand earlier this year.
(With PTI inputs)