In the shortest format of the game India continued their dominance throughout the year of 2018 as they won five of the six T20I series/tournaments and shared one. India began the year with a 2-1 series win over South Africa in South Africa and ended with 1-1 drawn series against Australia down under.
In between these two series, India won series in Sri Lanka, Ireland, England and against West Indies at home. Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Kuldeep Yadav were the top performers for India in this calendar year.
All the major stats and facts that were recorded by Indian team and players in T20Is in 2018 :
1. Series results -
|SA vs IND||SA||SA||India||2-1 (3)|
|Nidahas Tri Series||SL / BAN||SL||India||-|
|IRE vs IND||IRE||IRE||India||2-0 (2)|
|ENG vs IND||ENG||ENG||India||2-1 (3)|
|IND vs WI||WI||IND||India||3-0 (3)|
|AUS vs IND||AUS||AUS||Shared||1-1 (3)|
2. Result summary -
- Only Pakistan won more T20I matches (19) than India (14) in 2018.
- India's win percentage of 77.77 is the third best in this year after Afghanistan's 100 and Pakistan's 89.47 (Min 5 T20Is).
3. Leading run scorers -
- Shikhar Dhawan (689) and Rohit Sharma (590) are the top two highest run-getters in T20Is in 2018.
- Shikhar Dhawan also broke Virat Kohli's record of most runs (641 in 2016) in T20Is in a calendar year.
- Rohit Sharma scored two hundreds in T20Is this year and thus became the first ever player to score 4 hundreds in T20Is.
4. Highest individual scores -
111* - Rohit Sharma vs West Indies at Lucknow
101* - KL Rahul vs England at Manchester
100* - Rohit Sharma vs England at Bristol
97 - Rohit Sharma vs Ireland at Dublin
92 - Shikhar Dhawan vs West Indies at Chennai
5. Most fifty plus scores -
6 - Shikhar Dhawan (0 100s, 6 50s)
5 - Rohit Sharma (2 100s, 3 50s)
2 - KL Rahul (1 100s, 1 50s)
1 - MS Dhoni / Manish Pandey / Rishabh Pant / Virat Kohli / Suresh Raina
6. Leading wicket takers -
- Kuldeep Yadav's economy of 5.97 is the best for any bowler in T20Is in 2018 (Min 30 overs bowled).
- Bhvuneshwar Kumar and Kuldeep Yadav became the first and second Indian bowler to take five wickets haul in all formats of the game.
7. Best bowling figures in an innings -
5/24 - Bhuvneshwar Kumar vs SA at Johannesburg
5/24 - Kuldeep Yadav vs ENG at Manchester
4/21 - Kuldeep Yadav vs IRE at Dublin
4/27 - Shardul Thakur vs SL at Colombo
4/36 - Krunal Pandya vs AUS at Sydney