The 2nd semi-final of the 2019 ICC World Cup between England and Australia will be played on 11th July at 3 PM IST at Edgbaston in Birmingham.
England: Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Chris Woakes, Liam Plunkett, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood.
Australia: David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Steve Smith, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Lyon.
- Usman Khawaja has been ruled out of the tournament with a hamstring strain.
- Australia Head Coach Justin Langer confirmed that Peter Handscomb will be replacing Khawaja in the Australian starting XI.
- England is likely to stick to the same XI that defeated New Zealand in their final group game with Liam Plunkett playing ahead of Moeen Ali.
- Weather Forecast: According to the UK MET department, there is a chance of "scattered showers forming in the afternoon with some sunny spells."
- Rain is likely to disrupt proceedings at some point tomorrow.
- The Edgbaston pitch will get slower as the match goes on and the batsmen will find the ball difficult to come on to the bat.
- Spinners like Nathan Lyon and Adil Rashid should be able to get decent purchase off the pitch.
- Match Prediction: It is a historic rivalry between England and Australia and both these sides will be desperate to get into the World Cup final.
- England will be eyeing revenge against the Aussies. Expect an action-packed match with the English eventually prevailing.
England: Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Jofra Archer
Australia: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Classic Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Batting Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Bowling Fantasy):