The 1st semi-final of the 2019 ICC World Cup between India and New Zealand will be played on 9th July at 3 PM IST at Old Trafford in Manchester.
India: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni (WK), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik/Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar/Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Henry Nicholls/Colin Munro, Kane Williamson (C), Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (WK), James Neesham, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.
- The Indian team may make a couple of changes to the team that defeated Sri Lanka on Saturday.
- Yuzvendra Chahal and Mohammad Shami are likely to come back into the Indian starting XI against the Kiwis.
- One of Bhuvneshwar Kumar or Kuldeep Yadav is likely to make way. Kohli may opt to play Kumar because of the overcast conditions that are likely to be prevalent during the match tomorrow.
- One of Dinesh Karthik or Ravindra Jadeja is also likely to miss out tomorrow. If Kohli opts to go for Bhuvneshwar in the starting XI, he may opt to play Jadeja so as to give him the extra spinning option in the middle overs.
- After two failures in his last two matches, Henry Nicholls may be replaced by Colin Munro in the New Zealand starting lineup.
- Lockie Ferguson is expected to return to the team in place of Tim Southee.
- Weather Forecast: It is likely to be a very wet day in Manchester tomorrow with the UK MET department predicting a 50% chance of rain.
- However, the rain is expected to ease up in the afternoon so we may get a delayed start to the match.
- Heavy overcast conditions are expected to favour the quicker bowlers early on in tomorrow's match.
- The Old Trafford pitch has generally favoured the batsmen in the series so far. If the opening batsmen are able to negotiate the early movement, a decent total may be in the offing for the batting side.
- Match Prediction: New Zealand head into this match after registering 3 losses in their last three group matches. However, the Kiwis defeated the Indians in the pre-tournament warm-up game and the swinging conditions will suit their fast bowlers.
- India will be hopeful of making their way into the final of the World Cup by continuing their excellent run of form against the Kiwis on Tuesday.
- A very tight match is in prospect tomorrow. However, expect the Men in Blue to eventually come up trumps against the Kiwis.
India: Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul
New Zealand: Trent Boult, Kane Williamson, Lockie Ferguson, Ross Taylor
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Classic Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Batting Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Bowling Fantasy):