The 27th match of the 2019 ICC World Cup between England and Sri Lanka will be played on 21st June at 3 PM IST at Headingley in Leeds.
England: James Vince, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood/Tom Curran, Jofra Archer, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid.
Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Perera, Lahiru Thiramanne/Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Milinda Siriwardana, Isuru Udana, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep.
- Jason Roy is still unavailable for this match because of a hamstring problem. James Vince will continue to deputize for him in the starting XI.
- Eoin Morgan recovered from a back problem to smash a magnificent century against Afghanistan. He will lead England against Sri Lanka on Friday.
- Tom Curran may replace the injury-prone Mark Wood who is due a rest.
- Avishka Fernando may finally get his chance to shine for Sri Lanka at the expense of Lahiru Thiramanne.
- Weather Forecast: There is no chance of rain during the match. It is likely to be a dry, cloudy day in Leeds on Friday.
- This is the first match that will take place at Headingley. The pitch and the outfield will be fresh with little wear and tear.
- Seamers should be able to extract some decent bounce while the Batsmen will find the ball easy to come on to the bat.
- Sri Lanka need to win this match if they are to have any realistic chance of qualifying for the semi-finals. They will come hard at England.
- Match Prediction: England are in good form heading into this match and should be too strong for an out-of-form Sri Lanka side.
England: Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Joe Root, Jofra Archer
Sri Lanka: Karunaratne, Malinga, Kusal Perera, Isiru Udana
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Classic Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Batting Fantasy):
Best BalleBaazi Combination (Bowling Fantasy):