SA v AUS 2018: ICC appeal hearing on Kagiso Rabada’s two Tests ban set for March 19

Kagiso Rabada accumulated eight demerit points in last 24 month period.

Kagiso Rabada apparently shouldered Steve Smith after dismissing him

Kagiso Rabada has decided to appeal his two match ban for shouldering Steve Smith and making inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with the Australian captain during the second Test between Australia and South Africa at Port Elizabeth.

Cricket South Africa has appointed advocate Daluxolo (Dali) Mpofu to lead Rabada’s appeal during the hearing of the case by the International Cricket Council (ICC), as the date has been fixed one March 19, 2018.

Kagiso Rabada will be appealing his charge. The ICC have 48 hours to appoint a Judicial Commissioner and there after a hearing will be heard within a 7-day period.” said a CSA statement.

We have appointed advocate Mpofu to handle Kagiso’s case,” said CSA acting Chief Executive Thabang Moroe. “He is a highly experienced advocate who was appointed by the President to serve on the Judicial Service Commission last year.

Kagiso Rabada picked 11/150 and won the Man of the match, as South Africa equaled the four Test series 1-1. He was handed three demerit points, which automatically banned him for two matches, as he had accumulated eight demerit points with a 24 month period.

The third Test between South Africa and Australia will be played from March 22, 2018 at Newlands, Cape Town.


By Jatin Sharma - 16 Mar, 2018

    Share Via