Current India captain Virat Kohli and former captain MS Dhoni have made it into the top 10 of the recently released Forbes India Celebrity 100 list. Kohli, with Rs 228.09 crore in earnings in 2018 is second in the list while MS Dhoni (Rs 101.77 crore) is fifth.
Also featured in the top 10 is Bharat Ratna Sachin Tendulkar, who comes in 9th spot with earnings of Rs 80 crore in 2018.
Virat Kohli is poised to break most of Sachin Tendulkar’s records when it comes to one-day international cricket, as he already stands at 38 hundreds, when compared to Tendulkar’s 51 centuries.
Virat Kohli had a mega-successful 2017, where he scored 2818 international runs across formats - 1059 runs in 10 Tests, 1460 runs in 26 ODIs and 299 runs in 10 T20 Internationals.
In comparison, MS Dhoni has struggled with the bat in 2018, with no fifties to his name in 20 ODIs and just 275 runs to his name.
Here is the top 10 of the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list:
1. Salman Khan (Rs 253.25 crore)
2. Virat Kohli (Rs 228.09 crore)
3. Akshay Kumar (Rs 185 crore)
4. Deepika Padukone (Rs 112.8 crore)
5. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Rs 101.77 crore)
6. Aamir Khan (Rs 97.5 crore)
7. Amitabh Bachchan (Rs 96.17 crore)
8. Ranveer Singh (Rs 84.67 crore)
9. Sachin Tendulkar (Rs 80 crore)
10. Ajay Devgn (Rs 74.5 crore)
(with indiatoday.in inputs)