Former Pakistan cricketer Nasir Jamshed, who allegedly involved in the spot-fixing case that rocked the Pakistan Super League 2017, has challenged multiple the code of conduct charges leveled against him by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Thursday (5 April).
The 28-year-old left-hander was already serving a one-year ban for his non-cooperation with the PCB's spot-fixing investigation during the PSL last season.
PCB had charged Jamshed for five breaches of Anti-Corruption Code for his alleged involvement in the PSL corruption scandal in February this year, but he rejected all charges.
Following his stand, PCB chairman Najam Sethi has now referred Jamshed's case to an Anti-Corruption Tribunal, which comprising with Justice (retd) Fazl-e-Miran Chauhan, Shahzaib Masood, and former Pakistan cricketer Aqib Javed.
As per AAP, a spokesman of the PCB said, “The Pakistan Cricket Board had issued a Notice of Charge to Cricketer, Nasir Jamshaid, wherein he had been charged with multiple violations of Articles 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 and 2.4.4 of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code for Participants (“the Code”). Nasir Jamshed responded and rejected the charges leveled against him.”
Meanwhile, an official statement from the PCB said, “PCB remains resilient in its fight against corruption in cricket and shall take all measures necessary to uproot this menace.”
Besides Jamshaid, Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif were handed five-year bans, while Mohammad Irfan and Mohammad Nawaz were banned for 12 months and two months respectively.