The 11th season of Indian Premier League commenced on Saturday, April 7 at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai; where defending champions Mumbai Indians took on the returning Chennai Super Kings.
And now IPL 2018 completed its second week and during this week several records have been made and broken.
Here is a look at all the important stats and facts from the second week of Indian Premier League 2018:
Match 9, MI vs DD at Mumbai -
- 84/0 the highest powerplay score for Mumbai Indians in the IPL history.
- Jason Roy's 91* was the highest score by a player on his debut for Delhi Daredevils.
Match 10, KKR vs SRH at Kolkata -
- SRH's 6 wickets win was their first ever win at the Eden Gardens against KKR in their IPL history.
- Shakib Al Hasan became the 6th player to complete the all round double of 4000 runs and 200 wickets in T20 cricket after Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Kieron Pollard, Albie Morkel and Azhar Mahmood.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar became the 4th Indian pacer to take 150 T20 wickets after R Vinay Kumar, Irfan Pathan and Ashish Nehra.
Match 11, RCB vs RR at Bangalore -
- Sanju Samson became the first Rajasthan Royals' player to hit 10 sixes in an IPL innings.
- Umesh Yadav became the first bowler to concede 50 or more runs in an innings five times in the IPL.
- Yuzvendra Chahal (73 wickets) became the highest wicket taker for RCB in the IPL, went past R Vinay Kumar (72 wickets).
- AB de Villiers became the first player to score 500 IPL runs against Rajasthan Royals.
Match 12, KXIP vs CSK at Mohali -
- Suresh Raina missed his first IPL match for CSK after playing 134 consecutive matches since its debut in 2008.
- Imran Tahir (35 matches) is the 3rd fastest player to reach 50 IPL wickets milestone after Sunil Narine (32 Matches) and Lasith Malinga (33 matches).
- 79* is the highest IPL score for MS Dhoni, the previous best for him was 70* against RCB in 2011.
Match 13, KKR vs DD at Kolkata -
- Trent Boult bowled the first maiden over of IPL 2018.
- Sunil Narine became the 1st overseas spinner and overall 11th bowler to take 100 IPL wickets.
- Dinesh Karthik became the 12th batsman to score 3000 IPL runs and he is also the slowest (156 matches) to reach to this milestone.
Match 14 , MI vs RCB at Mumbai -
- Rohit Sharma scored 94 and Virat Kohli scored 92* - this was the first instance when both the captains scored in 90s in the same IPL match.
- Virat Kohli (4619) became the leading run-getter in the IPL history and went past Suresh Raina (4558).
- Virat Kohli also became the first ever player to score 5000 T20 runs for a single team, he has scored 5043 runs for RCB so far.
Match 15 , RR vs KKR at Jaipur -
- Kolkata Knight Riders became the first team to win 50 IPL matches while chasing.
- Sunil Narine conceded 48 runs in his 4 overs spell - the most expensive spell for him in the IPL history.
- Rajasthan Royals lost a match at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur for the first time since IPL 2012. They won 13 consecutive T20 matches at this venue in between their two losses.
Match 16, KXIP vs SRH at Mohali -
- Chris Gayle scored the first hundred of IPL 2018 and it was also the 6th hundred of his IPL career.
- This was KXIP's first IPL win over SRH at the PCA Stadium in Mohali.
- Chris Gayle has hit 10 or more sixes in an IPL innings four times - the most by any player in the IPL history.
Match 17, CSK vs RR at Pune -
- Shane Watson became the fifth player to score 3 hundreds in the IPL after Chris Gayle (6), Virat Kohli (4), AB de Villiers (3) and David Warner (3).
- Suresh Raina became the second player to score 500 runs against Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.
- Ajinkya Rahane (2481 runs) became the leading run-getter for Rajasthan Royals in T20 cricket.