India's tour of England began with a 3 match T20I series earlier this month and team India started their tour on a winning note as they defeated the hosts England by 2-1 in the 3 matches T20I series but couldn't perform up to their levels in the ODI series and lost the last two ODIs and series by 2-1 after thrashing the hosts in the first ODI.
Now both the teams will face each other in a 5-Test match series that starts from 1 August at Edgbaston, Birmingham. Batting has always been India's strength away from home in Test cricket and all the batsmen will be eager to do score big runs this time as most of them are in good form and have played for county teams this season and also for India A against West Indies A and England Lions. Captain Virat Kohli who had a forgettable tour of England in 2014, where he scored only 134 runs in 10 Test innings, will be looking forward to showing his class this time.
Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, KL Rahul and Cheteshwar Pujara are India's batting unit for the 5 Test match series against England.
Here is a look at current Indian batsmen's record away from home in Test cricket :
1. Overall Test batting records away from home -
- Virat Kohli has scored more hundreds (11) away from home in Test cricket than any other batsman since his Test debut (June 2011).
- Virat Kohli has also scored most runs (2633) for India away from home in Tests than any other Indian player since his Test debut.
2. Batting records in England -
3. Batting records in Australia -
- Virat Kohli is the only Asian batsman to score more than one Test hundred in Australia in last 10 years.
4. Batting records in South Africa -
- Virat Kohli has scored most runs and fifty plus scores in Tests on South African soil among Asian players in last 10 years.
5. Batting records in New Zealand -